1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Handlebar Mits

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by freshage, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Got a long trip back to the UK coming up, car rental costs have sky rocketed (not shocking) so I'm just gonna ride over.

However, when I did this a month or so back, my hands suffered... Has anyone installed any handlebar mittens that still allow control of the buttons? I just need a wind breaker really. The heated grips are good enough to keep the hands warm.

2. I got fed up with looking for a pair to fit my Tiger 800 so bought some waterproof cordura from fleebay and made some myself on the sewing machine. If you fold the fabric to double up the thickness its the perfect fabric for covering the handguards and you could probably use a glue gun if you don't have a sewing machine. If your extra clever you can add some polyester wadding. They worked treat and I had a few mates wanting me to make some bespoke ones for their bikes :)

Sample Pack Heavy Duty Outdoor Canvas Cordura Type Waterproof Fabric. | eBay

3. More expensive, no doubt, but heated gloves would be my preference. I rode back through northern France and Belgium during the "beast from the east" in March 2018 and my fingers stayed nice and warm I also had heated insoles so toasty toes too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Thats where the Cordura comes in handy. I left mitts open around the switches so you can see and feel them easily.

5. I use heated gloves, and they’re brilliant. Coupled with heated grips, the whole of your hands are toasty warm.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. +1 for Hippo Hands. I bought them for my mts and have been wearing my summer gloves in 40 degree weather. I reckon I might have to switch to fall gloves then the temps drop in the 30s.

7. I would rather walk than ride my Mutli, or any other bike with these things on. Come on, be serious!

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information