1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help, Pot Hole Damage

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by DD DucDave, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Enjoyed the first ride out of the year until I ventured through a massive pot hole. Can anyone recommend a wheel repairers near Milton Keynes. 20180414_154207.jpg

2. I would take a picture of the wheel rim damage/pot hole and claim against the highway authorities:(

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Agreed, or the local council. There is another thread on here from last week about the same thing. :mad:

Hope you get it sorted, it does look salvageable. :thinkingface:

4. Get a lot of pictures of the pot hole when you make your claim

5. Read the recent thread on this issue too...

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. I had no success with Essex CC Highways over pothole damage to a front wheel in 2009 despite proving they were responsible and were lying (I proved it from the maintenance records they provided me). In the end it would have meant issuing proceedings and frankly I couldn't be bothered with it as I had a spare front wheel anyway.

I took three front wheels to Maidstone Motoliner, plus an ally swingarm - three wheels straightened / trued and a swingarm checked for straightness = £150. No damage to wheel paint.

They told me Italian ally bends a fair amount rather than Jap ally instantly cracking/breaking; which is why they can be straightened fairly easily.

AL

#7 Arquebus, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. @DD DucDave Try mintalloys.com in Silsoe, Bedfordshire, they did my wife`s car wheels and gave excellent service and value. Not sure if they do bike wheels but worth checking.
    Alternatively try Iain Rhodes at RPM bikes in Northampton on 01604 583350. He will be able to help and worth knowing as he is a top independent mechanic for Ducati servicing etc.

8. Could the small claims court not have been used very cheaply once you've exhausted all options through the county councils highway dept?

9. moto liners in maidstone fix wheels.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Yes, but as I was taking two other wheels down to Maidstone Motoliner which were going to cost me anyway.....

11. My rear has same kind of dink from pothole. When I get round to it, I’ll send to motoliner then have the painted gold (which I planned to do anyway). FWIW I have doe 6k miles and changed tyres 3 times and had no affect at all on sealing etc. It is a rear though.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. give tcps a call. i don't know if he can straighten wheels but worth a shot. good luck :upyeah:

13. When this happened to me I went back with a tape measure took photos and asked a passerby to sign a simple letter I had drafted stating they had witnessed the pothole. I forward all the information to the council and was duly reimbursed for the repair costs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. No flies on you sir:upyeah:

15. Indeed I am fly-less, but not in an exposing sort of way you understand.
    :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. +1 for Maidstone Motorliner. I have had two wheels repaired there with no issues. Great service.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Pristine wheels in Woburn sands have done some great work on cars?

18. Thanks for all replies. Will let you know who I use, I'm sure I will find it easier getting the wheel sorted than trying to get anywhere with the local council. Cant speak to anyone to know where to send photos off to:triumph:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information