1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Help With Rear Suspension V4s

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Justin999, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Seat height on the 2020 V4 is 835mm, seat height on 2018/19 V4 is 830mm. According to this blurb, https://www.ducati.com/gb/en/bikes/panigale/panigale-v4, the 2020 V4 has dropped the forks through by 4mm and the new spacers add 5mm on the rear. Andy

2. Isn’t the rear shock on the 2020 also 2mm shorter?

This would explain the disproportionate height increase by using the shorter tie rods - 5mm in that area of the linkage would have a massive effect on the geometry and a 2 mm shorter shock would help tone that down and bring things inline with the expected 5mm seat height increase.

3. the rear shock on a 2020 is actually 2mm longer

4. it was a rhetorical quetion....;)

5. Andy B - I don't have a 2020 shock to measure, - could you please measure yours and put a sketch on this thread, please detail the points you have raised, '5mm spacers' , shock length, ride height adjuster position (std position), spring pre-load. This would help to explain the differences between the 2 models. Also please tell us what are the differences in the front forks, specifically the internals, etc. - this will save me a lot of time....

6. What’s your source for the info?

I saw MCN state 2mm longer and other’s state 2mm shorter - and then based on general quality of journalism went with the others...

Total Motorcycle seems to have the most detailed breakdown https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcycles/2020/2020-ducati-Panigale-v4

Higher center of gravity and increased chain force angle

The fork mounting has been lowered 4 mm, the rear shock is shorter by 2 mm, while the suspension now has two link rods that are shorter by 5 mm. These changes have resulted in a 5 mm higher bike center of gravity. The result? The bike is swifter at the drop-in and arrives at the apex faster.

A higher rear end also increases the chain force angle: this results in an anti-squat effect and, therefore, greater bike stability during acceleration.”

“On both versions, fork rear shock has softer and more pre-loaded springs, resulting in more efficient use of suspension travel to even out pits and ripples on the asphalt. The combination of reduced spring rate and higher pre-loading gives better dive control during braking, resulting in easier, more intuitive turn-ins, especially for the less expert rider.”

7. If it helps i own a 2020 V4.... and have swapped the std shock for a ohlins GP, and the forks for FGRT 214 .....apart from that....

8. Nevermind all that, what does the internet say?

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Heres the std sachs shock i took out versus the ohlins gp fitted.
    IMG_3927.jpg

10. I took all the measurements of the sachs and copied it over to the ohlins..

11. So if you could share the eye to eye lengths we can get an accurate measure to help the OP?

And have a correct record to clear up the discrepancies in the reported measurements.....

Then others searching the internet to find the answer would have at least one source with corroborated evidence.

@final_edition - this is the internet - so what is said here is in fact included in that statement????

I really don’t get you guys at all

• Love You Love You x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information