1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi All From The Isle Of Wight

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Peter J748s, Mar 20, 2020.

1. 45 exactly

2. I bought the 748 from a good friend of mine.... fell in love with it from the moment I saw it..... as I say it ended up going through an auction so has lost all its service history and hand books.... I would like to trace the owners but of course this is frowned upon these days with gdpr...
    It had obviously fallen over.... few small scrapes... mirror... indicator.... brake lever... but pegs were ok... so it hasn't slid along the road... and the scratches weren't very big at all..... still dont really see why it would be auctioned.... had it been me I would have been Pi$$ed off for a day or 2 and then would shrug and sort it out.... I will never sell it though... it's beautiful.
    Cheers
    Pete

• Like Like x 1
  3. You know the iow then Hugo?
    Cheers Pete

4. You still over here? I'm in newport.

5. No Pete, moved off the Island nearly ten years ago after 60 years a Newport lad ( Portboy). My youngest boy lives in Newport, the 900ss Avatar taken at the top of Victoria Rd Newport.

7. Oh yes I can see it now.... I know Victoria road well!

8. My son still lives there, do know Alistair with the Yamaha trike ?

9. Ah than makes interesting reading.... yes I would guess its mine.... to clarify.... hpi says it's not an insurance write off... it does say it's supposed to be a biposto although the seat unit does appear to be original ducati plastic... eg not glass fibre with correct looking decals etc.
    15000 miles on clock.... engine starts rides and sounds lovely... rode it yesterday.
    Funny how opinions vary.... I love it and dont think I paid too much , it has gone back to satin grey as it should be.
    I have removed the swing arm cover as it's not to my taste and arm is perfect underneath. If anyone wants it then let's talk.... its genuine carbon ..( I worked for Sp systems and then gurit here on iow for 17 years as a composite engineer so I know what is and what isnt.!)
    Bike is running beautifully. Following a full service and belts.
    Funny how people assume the worst at auction... still my gain I guess. Thanks for the link:)
    Cheers
    Pete

10. Not off hand although I do know people in Victoria Rd... not seen a trike though:)

11. p.m.d...

12. Lived in Ningwood for a few years.

13. Alistair has lived there for years always had Dnieper sidecar set ups but fell ill with MS i think, the trike is always parked out in the road on the right handside halfway down from the entrance. Steve Dear with his Nortons and Andy with his KTM don't of any other bikers there now.

14. upload_2020-3-20_16-12-21.png

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Oh yes I know the fellow with the side car... small world....lol and went past ningwood on my travels today.
    I love it here... looking forward to a spin or 2 on the duc this summer.
    Cheers
    Pete

• Like Like x 1
  16. 050.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Pm on the way

Do Not Sell My Personal Information