1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 I Got One… Nothing Like I Was After !

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Slingy123, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Looks good!
    Amazing what shite some people do (previous owners)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Thanks, I feel like I’m in for sorting 23 years worth of bodges out over the winter. The one thing I’m desperate to check is the rockers for flaking, but I also firmly believe ignorance is bliss :laughing:

I will give the bike a good going over and check all the usual suspects over winter. Hopefully it’s all good and just basic remedial maintenance required.

3. Probably a good time to mention... have you checked the condition of the reg/rec?

Electrics from this era were not the best.

Upgrading to a mosfet unit and 10 gauge alternator wires is a recommended and fairly straightforward mod to improve reliability. Did it recently myself, battery charge voltage now more stable and the mosfet regulator runs much cooler than OEM.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Thanks, I will add that to the winter list. Any links to a decent MOSFET Reg/Rec please ?

5. #45 TNR, Sep 20, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
    • Useful Useful x 2
  6. Many Thanks,

my bike is a 98 with 2 yellow wires, if I fit a later type with 3 yellows I guess I just leave one not connected ?

7. Correct!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information