1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Is This For Real...surely Taking The P*ss

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Sdj5, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Well, what you can't say then is "he's actually all right"

BURN THE WITCH!!!!

8368535.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. He's a foken kont.

He cut me a good deal on a some stuff a few years back, so I started telling people he was worth a look, then he starts shafting them. He's also very good at greatly exaggerating an item's condition, let alone it's value or rarity... seems like he's found a purer coke supply though as his latest claims are to the moon FFS.

Duck soup it is then.

#OpenVendetta

3. I got on well with him in the flesh, but then i get on with everybody. Stitched me up though advertising an S4RS engine as dropping straight into a 749, then telling me he would do something about it which never happened.
    After waiting and waiting the best part of a year i made contact again and then got the abuse that it was my fault for waiting so long.

4. From my own experience that's a bang on description. He has bike part bipolar!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I sent him a message through Ebay asking how he could justify the £289 asking price. I got a reply saying "thanks for updating me...best go by it somewhere else then". He's totally reliant on naivety from a potential purchaser, though anyone that believes the part in question to be worth that much are probably as deluded as he is.

• Like Like x 2
  6. I'm going to bid a grand and cancel with a few hours to go. :laughing:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. I just don't get why nearly everyone is so polite. I mean, if someone is taking the piss and making outlandish claims and ripping people off then it should be called out IMO, it's worth something to everyone then.

Look how many individuals feel they've been shafted in this and the thread @jusutus linked to, and we all know there are other threads too.

Any forum would probably be more useful if we weren't so polite and called out bullshit or misinformation (accidently or otherwise) instead, whether it's maliciously unscrupulous sellers or not

Back it up, hands up, or STFU.

Off to get a t shirt and some badges printed up with that.

Harumpf.

8. Why don't we all list a brand new one using the factory codes and prices from ducati (plus fee and listing coverage)

Can't say it's the only one in the world then can he :)

9. I have to wonder where his sense of invariability comes from?

10. Well, I think that's pretty much spelt it out then young Sev.

• Like Like x 1
  11. It is taking the piss, but believe it or not the equivalent pad for the 1098R does actually cost about £280!!:astonished:

IMG_4521.jpg

12. ^ I feared the very same! And it’s easy to pinch only being held in place by a Dzus

13. I thought it was more but still rediculous at that price. Andy

14. Big M,
    I looked up price from Ducati and it was €33.12..

Ah sorry....that was standard 1098.. seems R is a different part altogether...

#36 Sdj5, Oct 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2017
  15. Exact fit seat on a Ducati, now that would look odd, best just sticking to improving the engineering aspects :)

16. Yeh, big fan of all that. We get a lot of this bullshit in the construction industry so fuck me over and I will come and bang on your door and you won't see the last of me until it's all square. I expect the same in return and act accordingly. It might have put me on the wrong side of the law occassionally but there's a point where you have to be able to look yourself in the mirror!

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. I bought via ebay what was clearly advertised as a carbon fibre airbox from him 3 years back. Arrived and not only was it a bog standard normal plastic one, all the lugs where you bolt it to the bike were broken. After a bit of grumbling he took it back and refunded me.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information