1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Like Father Like Son!

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by madasadad, Feb 10, 2018.

Tags:
    • Funny Funny x 1
  1. Nothing quite like riding with your Dad. He was never keen on me getting into road bikes ‘dangerous things’ but years of going to BSB & WSB races and growing up with dirt bikes meant that arguing against it was a lost cause...
    He refused to help me fund it, unlike 4 wheels, because of the risks involved but funnily enough, he seems much happier about the whole thing now I’m in a position to be buying Ducati’s...

My first memory of a bike is climbing onto his 851 Bip. So I was always going to end up with a Duc eventually but I’m beginning to get a bit obsessed. I’d love an 851 or an old 900ss. That square headlight look is just starting to really grow on me and the older engines have a lot more charm to them.

Not sure what it is about Ducati's but they seem to run in the family a lot more than anything else... I've met quite a few other sons, out riding with their Dad, both on Duc's.

4C0B85A4-574C-458A-8931-E7276E13A72C.jpeg
    (Multi might have been a rocket powered armchair but the Scrambler sounded and looked better for me)

0FE28628-B498-4612-9342-7AD02E94E2F9.jpeg
    (Father’s Day 2016 - Hyper on loan. ST4s still the best engine in a bike I’ve experienced)

The Scrambler wasn’t a patch on the Multi obviously but he’s now switched to a Supersport S and I’ve just picked up a 939 Hyper SP. So it’s going to make chasing him down a lot more interesting. Also means I get to sample both flavours of the 939!
    His Tuono V2 still scares the crap out of me though but only get to ride that when it hasn’t rained for 3 weeks, the stars are aligned and the moon is in the right phase...

#22 Joooooooosh, Feb 17, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  2. @ducati dad I think that black track bike needs it's own thread!! :D

3. That’s his sons, an absolute weapon, but I won’t spoil his chance to share the spec.... hope it’s 100% finished for Brno as I want a go on it ....

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Didn't realise it was @final_edition bike. Looks a cracking bit of kit.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information