1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 R Monster 1200 R

Discussion in 'Monster' started by Bonehead, Jan 23, 2022.

1. Unpopular opinion but whilst the bikes are perhaps better than ever, do old school Ducatisti not think it's as much a lifestyle/fashion brand now as bike builder now? Bit like Harley D? :scream:

2. Probably not the best thread to discuss, but they had to do 'a Triumph' to survive in the 21st century, otherwise bankruptcy was almost guaranteed. Obviously what they produce now is not comparable to old school Ducatisti, but that was inevitable. Opinions will be split, that's a certainty....;)

3. Obviously not my opinion mickb, just throwing it out there ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fair to say i was joshing ,but to be fair a comparison to the Tuono would be the V4 Street fighter ,as they are both about £20,000 ,i still prefer my 1200R mind ,i just love the looks and 100ftb stomp.

#44 VINNIE, Feb 16, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
  5. I’d take one of each at £20

6. well spotted ,of course should say ,£20,000 :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Agree, the SF is its competition. Rode my mates last summer over on the west coast and it is amazing, stunning. There’s a healthy extra cost for it though, £5k maybe (you can always get a Tuono Factory for under £15k, and at +£20k it should not have those nasty, plastic wings. Everything else however was super slick.

8. @Carr01 needs to get reading this thread, trade in his old duffer and buy one. :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Put an Oberon slave cylinder on my 1200s,bit lighter pull at the lever,finding neutral is much better and it looks good aswell

• Like Like x 1
  10. Does any body know whether the 1200R ecu has been decoded now so you can get a proper re-map ?

11. I've had a Rexxer flash for several years now.
    Combined with an SC Project carbon exhaust produced this:
    Monster 1200R Dyno.jpg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. That's interesting. Do you have a graph of power before the reflash to compare?

13. Unfortunately, I did not have the opportunity to do a before and after.
    Notwithstanding, most Stock 1200R rear wheel dyno runs come-in at around 136 hp.
    The stock 1200S comes-in at around 133 hp

What's really important is the usable street power vs the peak power.
    The Monster's big V-Twin makes so much power all the way up at any RPM short of 9,000.
    Here's a chart vs an MT-10 @8,000. Monster is the red line.
    Screenshot from 2022-04-06 08-16-22.png

#54 DarR, Apr 6, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Clumsy fat fingers perhaps?

16. post #54 above ^ Cmr17 - easily done. :upyeah:

17. Sadly, may be moving on my 1200R, if anyone is interested, let me know.....

18. An Easter resurrection?

• Like Like x 1
  19. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^100%

Do Not Sell My Personal Information