1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 My First Ride On The Ducati 999s

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Richard Tarr, Jul 12, 2020.

1. I've read through the posts and there seems to be a lot of issues that you've helped people with in setting up their hardware and software. Are these typical setting up problems that most people experience or are they the exception to the plug'n play, straightforward norm?

2. If you buy the cables from Lonelec, then you will be able to use them with JPDiag, Guzzidiag, Scan5mx and TuneECU (Choice is PC or Android). I am biased towards JPDiag but all the others work fine.

• Like Like x 1
  3. It can be a fiddle. First OBDI I got was faulty which didn't help. I can get it to work on a Kindle but not on a laptop.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Just checked the friction plates against the minimum specified thickness (2.8mm)and they're all pretty much toast (2.7mm - 2.8mm) so I've ordered a new set of discs and housing which was almso pretty chewed up. Assuming that these are the only set of discs the bike has had since new, is approx 7K mile the lifespan of a set of discs?

5. Mine did 11 when I bought it. Did the job as people say on here and it was fixed. Like you I was scared it was going to be expensive. Where did you get the housing from. I think mine is also knackered now (17k Miles). And is it expensive??

6. OEM basket (housing) and discs plus new Cush drive rubbers and a couple of washers and o rings came to around £470. You can get them from Pro Twins or In Moto. Cush drive rubbers we’re worn but still in spec but I thought I’d replace them as the clutch drive was already disassembled. I will be adding an extra friction plate to the basket as outlined in the various clutch improvement mods posted here to try and prolong the life of the new basket.

7. I've connected the Lonelec cables to the ECU and the software seems to be functioning ok. Unfortunately, the software won't allow me to copy the ecu details.
    I take it that all i now need to do to complete a TPS reset is to press the TPS reset button in the tests/reset dropdown menu? My current TPS value is 2.3 - 2.4.
    What should I expect it to be after the TPS reset process is concluded?

IMG_2456 copy.jpg

8. PM me the serial number of the ECU (looks like 5F+F3FU3G in your picture?) and an email address so I can send a licence.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information