1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Guy

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Kjelly, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Hello everyone.
    I'm Kjelly, living in Belgium.

Been looking in these forums and decided to join. Great info here.

I recently bought a mts 1000ds. I'm busy with the electrics. I hope to get some info here. I'll try to help too, wherever I can. New to Italians though.

Greetings,
    Kjelly

• Like Like x 1
  2. Greetings Kjelly
    Nice underrated bikes aren’t they?

3. Welcome Belgian dude :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  4. They are! But I bought it as a project. Not keeping the original look. For that, too many pieces are missing. But I've got one hell of a time figuring everything out.

• Like Like x 1
  5. 848 tank lends itself well but not with original airbox, I expect you’ve been scanning the Internet for what people have done already? There are two on here who have changed theirs drastically, you probably know.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I am scanning the internet. I saw the customs ones but for now I'm scanning the internet concerning electrics. Bought the bike with a broken dash (since I won't use it). But now I'm busy getting the bike to cranck. Planning to send the ecu for flashing. But I'm stuck on the crancking bit. Strange things are happening. Latest is that my oil light lights up when connecting the neutral light. If I put the bike in first, oil light goes out. Now, on a positive note, it keeps me of the street

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Have a search for the threads by @buzzer. I think he dumped his dashboard also.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Welcome Dave

• Like Like x 1
  9. In the build page he keeps the instrument cluster... Because of all the electrics. Damn hahah

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. #11 Chris, Jan 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Welcome aboard Ky:upyeah:Italian bikes are certainly different from mainstream motorcycles.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I'm an honest guy. I will admit that I underestimated the electrics xd

13. Unfortunately i don't know anything about the early bikes as the electrics had a very poor reputation,but surely these period bikes should be ok.:thinkingface:

14. I'm used to working on jap bikes and my ktm is very simple. This is my first bike with injection and for me the electrics are a bit hard. Concerning the immobiliser, the fact that the dash is involved in controlling some features,.... Makes it, for me, a challenge

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Maybe your next move should be to place a post in the technical section.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  16. welcome kjelly'

• Like Like x 1
  17. Welcome along Kjelly

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hi & welcome

• Like Like x 1
  19. Welcome to the forum

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information