1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh Dear Norton... I Sincerely Hope This Is An Error

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by JH_1986, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Fake News :bucktooth: well feck me you would think they would check :mask:

2. Only the name for a £tenner :eyes:

3. just seen this on visor down
    COMPANIES HOUSE ISSUES NOTICE TO DISSOLVE NORTON MOTORS UK LTD

4. Probably needed more time to fiddle the books biggest delboy going would rob his mother what a fucking Wanker.

5. Seems very 'unlikely' to be an oversight. Directors have a responsibility to make sure accounts are filed on time. They would have had at least two reminders since December that they were late.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. I wonder if people just getting deliveries are paying the final balance on old invoice dates. They want as much paid as possible for that period, before filing.

7. Threads merged

8. I was thinking of buying a Commando about 5

year's ago but couldn't get a delivery date felt I was being pressured into paying a deposit didn't feel comfortable with the dealer or the deal being offered
    It would be a shame if Norton have gone perhaps Triumph should buy them

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Great looking machines especially the domi racer for a niche market,but a little overpriced maybe:thinkingface:

#32 XH558, Mar 9, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
  10. They may have other issues.... I was once late due to being in hospital and no one else could put the pack together for the accountants....
    It was only 3 months late and that used to quite common.

11. No one delivers accounts three months late now without something being amiss.

All the related companies are also late. The fines for these alone are £750 per company if not filed by the end of March.

Its not an 'oversight' whatever is being claimed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Do you think Brexit is to blame maybe? :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. That's why I said "used to be"...

14. Companies House will send couple of reminder letters before starting the legal procedures to disolve the company...what could have been the reason to ignore these?
    Triumph done so well to revive the brand.. IMHO Norton is "dead in the water" no real development going on there (probably barely enough monies made to cover wages and pay suppliers)

From Companies House
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06718623

Accounts overdue
    Next accounts made up to 31 March 2018
    due by 31 December 2018
    Last accounts made up to 31 March 2017
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    09 Mar 2019 Compulsory strike-off action has been discontinued
    This document is being processed and will be available in 5 days.
    05 Mar 2019 First Gazette notice for compulsory strike-off
    View PDF First Gazette notice for compulsory strike-off - link opens in a new window - 1 page (1 page)
    16 Jul 2018 Confirmation statement made on 16 July 2018 with updates
    View PDF Confirmation statement made on 16 July 2018 with updates - link opens in a new window - 3 pages (3 pages)

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. A bit like Ducati

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Baroness Margaret Hilda? :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information