1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Option For Lifting Bike For Maintenance, Etc

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by wolfram, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Isn't the point that its quickly detachable and only used when needed or do you mean the residual p;ate that stays put??

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I can see the point of it, but it wont allow you to drop the engine like an abba would.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. thanks guys, if it has a point then it's simply a suggested affordable option that others might also consider as a temporary solution. (not sure I'd advocate riding with it installed, it's possible as it does not interfere with any other parts although potential ground clearance issue on left handers perhaps)

• Like Like x 2
  4. im leaning towards the abba skylift.. one thing holding me back (apart from price) is that my other bike is almost the only one they dont do a kit for. it would have been good to have a single solution for both bikes... im looking in to a possible modification for the honda nc700

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wayne, its a great idea, really like it and a very cheap option.

Wow, the skylift certainly is the dogs danglies, its a shame about the fitting kit although perhaps one of the others may fit? I built a wooden bike bench and designed the width so its slightly wider than the Abba. I like this combo, but would love a bench that raises and lowers with air or similar as I have to use a ramp to get bikes on and off. Just cant justify cost the now.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I couldn't justify ( to myself) the cost of a proper bike lift, but happened across some diy plans for one on ebay - uses a normal car hydraulic jack (which I already have).
    Have assembled all the requisite elements (steel, ply for top, bolts, etc), and I haven't topped 50 quid yet. Just need to sort out a decent local welder - don't want to rely on my welding skills! - then its sorted

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 4
  7. Abba, they're 15 minutes from where I live and if it's run by the same chap as when it was in Maldon he's approachable, I'd wager if you enquired and offered them your Honda as a production template they'd sort it for you, with a discount too, no harm in asking. (unless of course there is some weird Honda NC foible that I'm unaware of that might prevent a satisfactory solution?) If you need a stop over we don't charge, much.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I have seen these too, if you were near me I couldve helped with welding, Im ok.

9. You hit the nail on the head. The guy i spoke to knew imediately about the NC. Honda, in their wisdom, put a large aluminiym plate over the swingarm bearing. this holds the rear sets, exhaust and rear brake master cylinder. To fit the abba, you would need to remove all this then the covers. Im wondering if I could get them drilled. Their forum is pretty dead, so not much advice availiable.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks for the offer Ian. I have a guy in mind, if he's still around - he's only about 1/2 mile from me, and used to build specials (cars). Just need to get my backside into gear

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

11. bloody Honda :rolleyes:

best of luck with it anyway.

12. Just had one of these delivered for my Monster https://www.motea.com/en/central-st...19-paddock-stand-constands-power-evo-957899-0
    Was under two hundred euro delivered as there is also a discount code.
    My first thought when looking at these was a reservation about the bike falling off the pins. But, watch a youtube video of them in use, looks very secure. Plus it would take very little work to strap/secure the bike so it cannot pull away from the stand. Maybe even just a large cable tie, they do not cost that much for a big pack.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Like others here ABBA stand, plus you can get adapter for other bikes.
    Mine originally was for a Kawasaki Ninja650.
    Adapters for monster 1200 were about £16.
    And just got the front wheel lift bar.

14. My front stand cost less than £10; the rear one of similar design cost was £2.00 for a bag of bolts.

15. Just ordered one for the 900ss
    :)

16. You lot don't half make it hard for yourselves.......my stands let you do most things without taking off zorsts, fairings etc etc.

Front3.jpg SW2.jpg SW1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  17. and my version

WP_20160505_18_26_34_Pro.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  18. I just had my ruler out & that rod looks bowed.:thinkingface:..

Do Not Sell My Personal Information