1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Price Question

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by GedGed, May 16, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Hi , potentially another ducati owner here.

Been drooling over1299 since the day its been made but there was always something getting in a way of buying it like house and wedding etc you know, the grown up stuff ‍♂️ but i think Im ready to bite a bullet now. So, been looking around auto-trader and Ebay and theres few nice examples going for £11.5k to 13k , now i would like to find out weather my budget of around £10k is realistic in these days or the seller would take offence with this kind of offer?

2. Depends if you want a base or S model Mate??

3. Tbh i just want to find out what can i get for my budget but highly doubt there would be an S going for that price

4. As an owner of a 2016 1299 I must admit to have been surprised and a little bit skeptical on how high the second hand prices are. £10k is a serious wedge. I don't think anyone would take offence at an offer like that. With quite a few out there for sale, you may find someone who's prepared to be flexible of price to get a sale, especially if its a private sale.

Standard model vs the S - personally I thought the electronic suspension on the S didn't work very well, so saved the money and bought other trick bits for the bike like K-tech front and rear (better than the standard s ohlins) and carbon wheels (much lighter than the S forged).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. good point about suspension especially for my road ridding even stock ohlins would be more than adequate for some time as i havent really changed any suspension on my previous bikes , i wonder how flexible dealerahips gonna be after the lockdown

#5 GedGed, May 17, 2020
    Last edited: May 17, 2020
  6. Just ask nicely. The worst that can happen is they say ‘no’. Just make sure that they know that you are serious and not a chancer.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Remember they were 21k when new and someone had to pay that.......

8. I've seen 899s still going for around £9,000-10,000, so 10k seems low for a 1299.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. My mate has first refusal but I’ll be asking £9000 for a 2016 1299 with 8k on the clock base model which was a cat n (cat d) in 2019. Fully repaired of course. Probably be December before it’s for sale tho.

10. Something else on the go..

11. Oh you tease ....

12. 20201029_192627.jpg

13. Another Frankenbike ???? Will it be full on Bigalaaaaaaaar .....

14. I've been semi-seriously looking for either a 1299 or RSV 4 Factory on and off for about 6 months now. Entry point seems to be £11k for an early base model, rising to £howmuchdidyousay? for the exotic variants.

However, "asking" and "getting" are two different things and if you sort by sold items only on eBay you'll find that they sell for less than that, so I reckon £10k is doable. Chuck in the winter market, another year on the age of the bike on 31st Dec, Covid, PCP deals ending, people are losing their jobs and you have a lot of downward pressure on prices.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. discounted from new a 2 year old base rsv4 was at £ 12999.00 . so you could well get one for around 10k . i would only say watch out for multiple owners on a 1299 as the bike just makes you want to rev it well . you get great feed back from the twin , better with akra cans as the howl and back fire is a great crack. ive now gone to the v4 but i do miss the v twin except in traffic.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Sad but true....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information