1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red Flashing Light...not Immobiliser..

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Lockesboy, Aug 3, 2020.

1. the filler neck has a series of grub screws around it that hold the filler neck in place
    i would soak them with wd40 or etc for a while they can be stubborn to want to come out once thy are out the neck should come out although they are a shit to get out with them being in place for donkeys
    take time and it will come out without damage
    also replacing is a job in itself unless you are lucky lol usually a 2 person job the seals are tight
    but you dont want fuel leaking

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Johnboy,..hey thanks I see them haha,totally missed them when I removed the filler cap part...I'll order up a fuel filter and get that changed
    Best regards

Ian

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Have a look at https://www.improvingclassicmotorcycles.com/index.htm . I suspect a PO has fitted one of their charge warning lights.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks guys for responding, apologies for the late reply from me, been flat out lately...Bike is off this morning to have new Michelin Pilot tyres fitted, also getting new front fork oil seals, and a fresh mot, I think mot runs out in December but there is no way I'm riding it yo the test station that month...too much salt on the roads..I will have a look at PP1,s link above, thanks for that , bike seems to be behaving now, I've had a couple of error free runs so I'm happy with the way the bike handles,, stop , starts and so on..I'm getting there it's just taking a bit of time, once sorted it'll be a nice bike in tip top condition..I hope..Haha..guy at the bike shop was asking what's the best oil and what's the capacity for each fork..if anyone knows can you let me know, he said the forum guys would know.....I'm looking at buying a 939 probably in the next few weeks, I've seen a 3 year old one up for sale and I'm wondering whether or or not to go and have a look...going to look is going to buy ...I'd be interested in your thoughts ..

Ok that's it have a great weekend guys..

Best regards

Ian

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information