1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Satnav Advice

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Pembroke Boy, May 17, 2015.

1. Hi,
    That's the way I initially did it. It would start up with the power on ignition button from the bike and go into sleep mode when I turned the ignition off. Unfortunately once I'd tidied up the cables with ties it stopped working. I've stripped it back twice now but it won't work and as the wires are so fragile I'm starting to run out of cable on the DVT plug side and the soldering is getting really messy.
    I wonder if I've disloged the wires that go into the plug? They seem fine though. Or could it be a fuse? But wouldn't that affect other things and throw up a warning light on the dash?

2. It's got to be a loose connection, or they're touching and shorting out. Don't suppose your south east based are you? The previous owner bodged mine and I ran out of cable on the bike side but found another switched live on a fuse box. Also, you don't need the plug so if you run out, just cut off the plug and use that wiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. I think your probably right. I have the premium pack TomTom, so I also have a cradle for the car. This works fine, so it's either the Ducati plug or the cabling in cradle for the bike.
    Thanks for your offer of help but I'm up in North Yorkshire I'm afraid. Anyway I daren't show my bodged soldering. It did start off quite well though but rapidly went down hill.
    I'm going to see if I can get hold of another plug end for the bike from an electrical shop or an alternative replacement as you've suggested. I'll let you know how I get on.

4. I twist the wires together, get a lump of solder on the iron and then drag it across the twisted wires and it creates a good solder. Then I cover with heat shrink (be sure to put it over the wires BEFORE you join them - we've all done it). Then rub the soldering iron over the heat shrink and job done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. After all that it turns out to be a blown fuse. Now you know why I'm a numpty.
    Thanks anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Anyone bought a similar ram mount for the 2013 Multi? Would you have the part number?

7. Same bolt used on a 2010, 2013 and DVT bike, all touring S models. Unless they have changed the part number of course!

8. Cheers for that, can now order with confidence!

9. Thanks for this. I installed the mount today as I was told the wire was there but now I can wire it up.

10. Anyone know the type reference for the white connector? Tried using the 5V gas connector (Sumitome HM 090) but there doesn't seem to be enough voltage/current to power the Garmin on a 2017 MTS, the previous owner removed the white connector!

BTW Ducati now list a Navihalter look alike as a part. And I've seen another similar one branded Iconic. The Ducati one comes with a full 'how to install' manual.

#190 Neil Roberts, Feb 3, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
  11. Tom tom Rider, Palmers Products screen mount with eye level sat nav mounting bar, and the added bonus of extra screen adjustment options, and MyRoute-app for plotting your routes. Perfect set up in my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  12. I think the information you are looking for is at the bottom of this post:

https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/connecting-gps-on-my-multi.57020/#post-1443228

Do Not Sell My Personal Information