1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 Shall I Buy It?

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Chukzn17, Apr 30, 2019.

1. 3CEA560C-5478-4191-8B85-F93E6D7E4BED.png Also looks like it sat for a while - 150 miles in 2 years ...

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. The early 1098 rightly or wrongly got a reputation for lunching engines after a small number of catastrophic failures. The bike you linked has had a new starter and sprag and despite the stated level of servicing history, the reason for the MoT failure is sloppy which doesn't fill me with confidence. IMO, the bike is over priced and I'm with Exige on this one, I'd look for a later 1098 or an 1198. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks for your reply ,

That MOT was 2017 , and had only done 150miles since 2015 which concerns me ..

Thanks for
    Your advice :)

4. If the bike has been stored with petrol in the tank, the tank will potentially have swelled. Function of ethanol in the petrol on the type of plastic the tank is made of and quite common. I've inherited 2 tanks with my 1098, both of which have swelled. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  5. I had a run in with them last year regarding buying a Multistrada, lots of problems and reasons why it would not go, left a deposit but after a month nothing but it's nearly finished. Walked away and glad I did.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information