1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spare Part Mongrel

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by ducati dad, Jun 8, 2018.

1. FE made me some nice new engine bolts...:upyeah:
    bolt 1.JPG bolt2.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  2. As my name suggests, I used to supply, fit and tune MoTeC equipment to race bikes back in the day. I am no expert on re flashing ecu's etc but if you are using a different ECU you will need to replicate the sensor setup that that ECU is expecting. So air temp, pressure, TPS etc. And you should use the same sensors (different ones have different outputs) with the possible exception of TPS. If you don't do this, the ECU will probably use a fallback comp table. Its also likely that the engine you are using needs a different fuel and ignition table than the one the ecu has so talk to someone like Wilf at MotoRapido and he may be able to advise on what can be changed. Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
  3. It will be using a complete set up from a 1098.
    Dash
    Sensors
    Loom
    ECU...m197 would be nice

Sure, it will need recapping, ideally on a dyno.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Got a m197 now...:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Any update pictures?

6. Testing...
    IMG_0447.JPG IMG_0446.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  7. So, I want to run a cable from the battery under the seat hump, to the starter solenoid and then the s/motor. Also, an earth from battery to the engine earth bolt. They will be about 35 inches long[ish].What gauge cable should I use? I was looking at 8.5mm2 rated at 63a. The engine is an 888cc.

8. Thanks Sev, what would be the lowest rating you would suggest? Just thinking of the need to hide the cable as much as poss, as there is no fairing.

9. Thanks Sev, I appreciate that...:upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information