1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Superlight Replica

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by bikemad, Jul 31, 2018.

1. I got a spare fairing and the single seat painted and used Imageworks for the decals(really good to deal with and great quality).The bike has also got a set of 800ss Marchesini wheels, an ignitech ignition module, ergal clutch basket and Oberon slave cylinder recently, so I'm pretty pleased with the way it has come out.:) DSCN2116.JPG

DSCN2117.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  2. Beautiful:upyeah:

3. Lovely, that's like the route I went down, and the money I saved sourcing a true Superlight was used on mods! 20180526_104018.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  4. Lovely bikes guys. I need to get a carbon mudguard for mine . Any recommendations?

5. I got the front guard and rear hugger here in Oz from Racecon. A long way from you but nicely finished gear. racecon.com.au

6. Mines from Rsr moto, had one from World of QB carbon, which was I'll fitting shite, sent back 2 and gave up in the end. RSRs stuff is fantastic, I've got a few other bits from them. You can get a forum discount.

7. I've bought a bit of the titanium stuff available from RSR, really nice quality stuff and they are good to deal with.

8. I’ve used a Ducati Performance Carbon Front Guard meant for I think a 996 on my 900SS/semi-Superlight/Mongrel I’m putting together.
    Just visible in the image attached. Obviously the bike is nowhere near finished, ignore the secondhand seat unit that still needs painting.

There is a much larger choice of Carbon guards available for the later bikes, and it’s really simple to make a set of brackets to convert the early bikes closely spaced mounting holes on the forks to the wider spaced holes of the later bikes. The brackets are fully hidden so can’t be seen.
    I’ve done it on both my M900 and the 900 Mongrel, but I suppose it depends on how accurate you want your replica to be.

P9200009.JPG

I’ve aslo converted the single seat unit so it can be lifted on and off with the key to access the storage space underneath, which I think is a real Form over function stupid decision Ducati made with the standard seat unit.

https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/images-wanted-ss-with-non-standard-seat-units.50464/

And chopped the mudguard back.
    https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/ss-rear-mudguard-chop.54488/

Nasher.

• Like Like x 2
  9. The ss wheels look the part, are they a straight swap?

10. The rear wheel is a 17mm axle so that is a straight fit, but the front on this '93 model has a 17mm axle. The 800ss wheels had 25mm id bearing so I had to make spacers/reducers to make the fit. I thought we may be able to bore out the bearing pockets in the wheel as 47x 17 x14mm bearings are available(800ss use 47 x25 x12mm) but there was not enough material. Also the speedo drive is then a few mm to wide so that had to be trimmed. But nothing drastic!! You can't see it in the photo but I floated the rear caliper like a real Superlight(photo before the new bodywork/cans/wheels etc.) DSCN2073.JPG !

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks for the info, might keep my eyes open for a pair, I think they really suit and they'd slip straight onto this and not look out of place I reckon.
    Bike looks great bikemad, nice job!, as said earlier if you want some "1's" let me know.

004 (6).JPG

• Like Like x 1
  12. Nice. Great colour too :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Very nice!! Tell me about your Superlight, it looks like a mk4? I got a pair of "1's" when I ordered the decals from Imageworks but I wasn't sure I should put them on (they look great on yours though!).The wheels by the way came from NZ($800NZ with discs and sprocket carrier including post) where there is loads of stuff at better prices than here.

14. Needed some yellow in the thread :).

15. Pretty much the set up you've got I think bikemad, 944 bigbore kit and 41's and yes a mk4.
    This one is actually from NZ, mate of mine bought it new over there and bought it with him when he came to OZ, then sold to me 5 or so years ago.
    Wasn't running and a bit rough round the edges when I got it and has a bit of an interesting past having had fuel injection at one time.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information