1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Heath Robinson / Bodging Tool And Technique Thread

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by The Royal Maharaja, Mar 14, 2022.

1. I use a day of grease but this was far more effective

2. Whoever did this is a genius
    0C487A06-2549-4D19-8626-146D281DF6A4.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  3. He’s, or she’s got to be a sparky ?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Rubber band instead of impact driver.

5. You’ll have to post up a photo of that one!

6. Blu Tack in the socket to hold the bolt...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Nothing to see, really. Just lay a band over the screw/bolt head and use a screwdriver/Allen key as normal. Usually works before having to resort to the impact driver.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Needs must, and footprint chisels are better than fox wedges in heavy engineering

• Like Like x 1
  9. Elastic bands round handle of pliers to hold them closed

• Like Like x 2
  10. You should see my track bike,!

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Got 2.
    Bearing puller for the cylindrical roller bearing in the crank case the one that's blind. Gives a bit of pulling power when cases are heated locally with gun. I also inserted a socket (or something I can't remember) into the bearing to stop them cockling inwards

20220318_073537[1].jpg

20220318_073611[1].jpg

Rocker arm spring captivator. Position over rocker arm forks and lift spring from other side and slot spring end into hole. I can't find it now but I lift the spring with an old nylon tooth brush cut down with a groove in it so I would not scratch the head.
    20220318_073517[1].jpg

Edit.

Found it.

20220318_080216[1].jpg

Cheers Gaz

#32 gaz92, Mar 18, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. I've got a dwg / .dxf of the rocker are tool if anyone what's one to get lazer cut. Thinking back it was a lot easier than the OEM Ducati tool I have. PM me I can email. I was a nat's out and needed to fettle the bit that goes between the rocker fork might need to remeasure.

Cheers Gaz

• Like Like x 1
  13. Aye, if anyone wants the plans for my flywheel holding tool give me a shout too...:D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. My favourite ever was when a blanking bolt unwound itself out of an unused emissions fitting on the intake manifold of my mate’s Nissan 300zx turbo, causing a massive air leak and a non-running engine. He was out in the countryside so he dug up a spud from the field he’d broken down next to and he jammed it over the spigot in order to bung up the hole. All was fine and it got him home but he totally forgot about it (knowing him, he’d probably been blind drunk at the time) until the car broke down again a few weeks later and apparently a very bemused AA man couldn’t work out why there was rotten mashed potato all over the engine bay :laughing:

#35 Zhed46, Mar 18, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Years ago the fan belt came off on an old cortina. Stopped at a garage for a pair of tights as a replacement as you do which got us about 10 miles beside they melted. Apparently silk stockings wear better but where do you get them late at night in Newcastle?. Got enough strange looks buying tights :joy::joy::joy:

• Like Like x 2
  16. Off any bloke. Most Rob things don’t they ;p

17. Piston ring compression tool - sorry jubilee clip and some plastic pipe.
    I prefer putting the piston on con rod first as it's easier to get the retaining clip in. The split design lets you get the tool out even with studs in.
    20220621_181050.jpg
    Cheers Gaz

• Like Like x 4
  18. It was just a demo yes I will put the base shim/gasket in.
    Cheers Gaz

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information