1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

939 Hyperstrada Thoughts ?

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Mattt, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Been browing for a monster ,and happened across an advert for a hyperstrada
    Not really heard much about these,there are only a few for sale ,were they either a short production run,not popular or not great?
    They look pretty good and may fit the bill as a commuter,weekend blast,occasional road trip bike

Having only photos online to go on ,how do they compare size wise to a triumph tiger 800 that I borrowed for a week's trip to France last year ?
    Cheers

2. Hi Matt. They're a Hypermotard with panniers, a little screen, centrestand and a couple of other differences. Same engine, same mapping, etc... I think only produced at the same time as the 821 & 939 'motards.

3. Brilliant bike i’ve had two and still got my 939 and don’t think I would sell it, would say about the same as a tiger in seat high but a smaller bike and you can get lower or higher seats to fit.
    I’m way faster on the road than my Panigale plus b and single track roads are no problem, tank range not the best at 120ish miles but I’ve been all around the UK on mine.

Rich

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Mine next to a GS if that helps 0311D4D4-ED7B-46E1-BD7C-940A094A95E2.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  5. Smaller than a Tiger and as said, just a Hypermotatd with luggage. Not as comfortable as a dedicated tourer, but capable for sure

I loved mine and have a thread on here about going to Italy on it.

The beauty of it is that you can remove the luggage and hoon about at your leisure

A great bike.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  6. 120 miles til the fuel light, or 120 miles til empty?

7. well thank you for the replies and the photo
    It has been added to the shortlist
    currently Monster 1100s KTM 790 duke and BMW R1200R

Luckily no rush so I will find a dealer that has one of each to look over and sit on before arranging a test ride on each
    I was set on a Monster 1100 but will wait now and see

8. Ridden in a restrained manner I'd say 120 miles to fuel light on. I get about 100 miles of hooning to the fuel light:) on my 939 'motard... then you get the silly how many miles you've done after the light came on odometer for the ~4 litres remaining...

9. Both all depends how you ride it

• Like Like x 1
  11. They were good review videos thanks
    Just got to find one to sit on now
    Rode the 916 down to P AND H today but no entry, appointment only ,although I doubt they had one in stock anyhow,I did just go to have a sit on a monster 1200,as I think I've narrowed my next bike to one or the hyperstrada

12. The nearest you'll get to a Hyperstrada at a dealer will be a new 950 Hypermotard. A 821 or 939 Hyperstrada will only be second-hand... and they're rare. Just get a Hypermotard and add some luggage!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. We did have a Europe trip planned ,postponed now of course ,the seat on the mortard doesn't look as comfortable, the luggage and screen too were a bonus
    The 1200monster has had some good reviews ,as in all day comfy and good for longer rides even without the screen

#14 Mattt, Jun 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
  14. Hypermotard, I put blaze panniers on mine. Proper comfy with the seat I have
    Rode back from Belgium to Nottingham in one sitting no worries

77AF1E98-D3D4-4702-8B89-D5342599CE41.jpeg

#15 Andy800, Jun 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Is that the race seat?

16. I think so yes

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information