1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What To Wear For A Quick Spin

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by RC1, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Yes, lets. The wearers are cunts.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 3
  2. why dislike my post mr simmytt?!

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  3. Sorry, case of iPhone thumb, sorted now

4. on Thursday I passed a scooter rider who was under a blanket on the other side of the road dead... It wasn't nice... Don't know what he was wearing but his ride was a 50cc so he can't of being going too fast. I broke my foot in 3 places from a 15mph off in full kit and am still limping and in pain 12 months later...I Don't now what any of this means in relation to clobber..
    guess it's luck of the draw, ride what you feel comfortable In and Hope luck is on ya side.. I do believe you increase your luck by being prepared but it didn't help my foot!

5. knowing where you live chiz, a good leather aint gonna stop a bullet.

6. good point... The scooteristi may have been shot.... Mind you the Asian bird in The discovery with scuffs on the bumper seemed to have only been armed with a mobile phn..
    it was disgusting tbh... She was still using the phn and looking at her watch like the whole thing was an inconvenience while the cops were trying to talk to her...life is cheap when you have a text to send

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. aint that the truth.

8. Simple truth is you are more likely to bite the dust, or tarmac, within 5 miles of your home than anywhere else. But it’s all a balance. Dressing like a power ranger or Paris Dakar racer is not conducive to quick, convenience led transport.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. ...unless you dress that way 24/7, and that way you're ready to go whenever the need for some Old Holborn or a bottle of Robinson's Barley Water strikes you.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Jeans tucked in is sooooo last year

• Like Like x 1
  11. If it's very local, whatever clothes I'm wearing, beyond local I tend to wear decent kit and for tours, as much kit as I deem necessary. I just wear what I want

12. Speed makes a difference to abrasions, and makes all impacts definitely bad, but if you hit an immovable object (or one going quickly in the other direction) at any speed, it's bad.

I tend to wear back protector and boots at all times
    for quick pops into town Aldi jeans and FT Leather jacket
    for rides in sunny climes on the road, FT leather jacket and trousers (full-length zip)
    racing, trackdays, discos full one-piece leathers.
    commuting or long trips where I don't have additional clothes - Aldi Textile stuff. (Looking to replace them in the near future).

13. A good quality textile trousers offers the same comfort as kevlar jeans with a hell of a lot more protection.
    Had kevlar jeans and got a hole at 20mph-ish mild offroad crash on compacted soil....cannot imagine how bad could have been on tarmac.
    Cannot trust jeans anymore.....

• Useful Useful x 2
  14. But look terrible when you get somewhere and want to spend the whole day/night off the bike.

15. OK, more information needed. What brand / model jeans were these? Where was the protection and what happened in the crash? Was the hole a burn-through abrasion or a seam burst? Genuinely interested.

16. You know what, 'Air Con technical' might have a view on this.
    He was only nipping out to gas up and got totally mashed up.
    He didn't even bother with gloves, it was such a short distance.

I do understand about all the clobber for a quick nip out but it's a sobering thought that Bradders makes, most accidents happen within 5 miles of the home.

Following that line of logic we should all be wearing more protection for a short ride but it doesn't work like that in real life does it.

We all do it because 99.999% of the time we are ok.
    But, what if?

I don't use my bikes for little nip outs. In London it's too F'ing dangerous and if I did nip into a shop some little Scroat on a moped is likely to nick it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I agree with this but there is a reason so many accidents happen close to home. Almost every journey will involve close to home, either going or coming, as that's where the vast majority of journeys begin or end. Less will be 6-10 miles as we don't always go 6-10 miles, sometimes I only go 4 miles from home so that journey I could never have an accident 6 miles from home.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Is this because you forget to unplug the Optimate? That will limit how far you can go.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information