1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Classic Bike Would You Buy?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rman, Jan 13, 2019.

1. I’m with the slab side mob. Really early 1100.

2. Ones I’d consider first gen hayabusa , r1 4xv gsxr 1100 or 750 up till 1991 , gsxr1000 k1/ k2 zx9r

3. The problem with 40 year old bikes is that the majority of them are pretty rubbish. The brakes and suspension can be a shock to the system if you’re used to riding anything that was built in the last 20 years or so.
    Maybe a CBX Honda fits the bill with a decent riding position and willing engine but good ones are fetching strong money.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CB...075756?hash=item2ac1625e2c:g:IrEAAOSwWAhcObNu

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Another one I should never have sold. :( Not quick, doesn't handle or brake, but fantastic.

GSXR_2.JPG

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Honda 400/4 - ive got one - my dad passed away 4 years ago....it was in the garage - we thought he sold it but it was tucked away...its been stored away but, im gonna get it out this summer and start restoring it (it needs a damn good clean, service and the fuel in there replacing and a carb strip and service of course.) The nice thing....its only got 4k on the clock.

• Like Like x 9
  6. I’m pleased that I managed to keep hold of my 900 bevels but the feeling of relief when you swing the kick start and the thing fires up straight away is huge.

8A0099E0-AAC8-40A5-9D71-7582BE427F24.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. If you can get those under £10k I'll have two please... :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Not 40yo but.....honda sp1.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Laverda Montjuïc

Miss mine and the only one of the last 35 years of bike ownership I regret selling - sweet bikes 45E6E7D2-834D-442F-A917-E763701F572C.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  10. 1978 Yamaha TT500

upload_2019-1-14_21-49-7.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  11. TV175 004.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  12. Bimota SB4S.
    Italia at Lincoln had one in a long time ago and I was very tempted.
    I know where my old Moto Martin is - in my mate's shed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Which MotoMartin did you have?

14. Could see you on an old Guzzi Pete

15. An old boy's bike then?:p had a Guzzi V50 a while back, great bike but leaning towards CB400F or maybe Morini at the moment, really tempted with a BMW R50 too!

16. Wax jacket, jeans, old-school boots. :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1

17. Yep, had one and regret selling it a million times. Prices only going one way for what it a reliable, fast, well sorted Jap Duc. With HRC throwing serious dosh at it, it comes with nice bits all over, and with Honda reliability !!.

Stuart

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Moto Guzzi. 1978-79 bikes with triple disc brakes, electric starting, shaft drive, etc. but no MOT, no tax, no ULEZ. Choice of Le Mans or California style according to taste. Handle well, reliable, and nothing like a Ducati. Still available cheap, but going up ...

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information