1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT New Dvt Thoughts So Far Please Respond

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Steviegtr, Aug 10, 2017.

?
  1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. No

55 vote(s)
    78.6%
  1. What pressure do you run your tyres at. Rocket science question. No. :confused:

2. what tyres?
    I tend to run 32 front/36 9summer) or 38 winter, maybe 40) rear generally

3. manual says 36/36 riding solo, 36/42 when 2-up and/or with bags

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Multistrada tyres. Just says 36 front 36 rear. 42 rear with pillion. Just wondered if anyone ran single rider a bit harder at rear. 32 front???????

5. Yep 32 or if cold 34 front. Same on my sports bikes.

6. Check the tyre manufacturers web sites, pressures can vary according to what tyres you have fitted. Solo with PR4's I run at 34F and 38R

7. Whatever pressures you start with cold, they will vary by several psi depending on the weather, your speed, your weight, the road surface, etc. If you have TPMS it informs you of these variations in real time as you are going along. Provided my pressures turn out at about 38-40 psi whilst riding (warmed up, at speed, with luggage) I am content, and don't worry what they are cold unladen.

8. With the 600 mile service in the rearview mirror, a nice 200+ mile romp 2-up in the mountains. I have to admit the first half of the ride I was somewhat nostalgic about my MV. Perhaps a bit of buyer's remorse. But turns out it probably was low blood sugar :D After lunch at 6K', about 60 miles of twisties and I spent a chunk of it in 2nd gear. That pretty much cemented the bonding process. No bike should be that good in the turns 2-up. Running between 5K and 9K or so, the engine just sings and the bike just works.

I believe a track day is in order so it can properly stretch its legs...

A few nights before, Pacific Coast Highway, in repose

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. That sounds great. Now i have had the exhaust changed & upmap i,m finding i,m running in 1 gear higher than before. Was always 2nd & 3rd in towns keeping it above 2700 ish because of the eratic ride. Now its pretty clean from 2000 revs. Completely changed the way the bike behaves. Apart from me been a total dickhead yesterday & overcooking it into a long (i thought bit of a bend) 90 degree ended up at wrong side of road. Playing catchup with mates. Got a right bollocking from them as iv,e got a sat nav at eye level & if i,d have had it fitted i would have seen the bend was much tighter than i thiought. Learning curve at 65. Only been riding just over 50 yrs. Think i,d know better. Anyway out again tomorrow. Did 360 miles over weekend & sun blistering here in uk. Not sure where we are heading but will enjoy. Just fitted gopro hero5 session to helmet so maybe post some vids on youtube. Take care all & enjoy one of the best all rounders to date. Just wondered if any guys with the different exhaust & headers fitted have found the low end better or is it the upmap that makes the difference. ??????:astonished::astonished::astonished:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Eh. Baffled explain.

11. He said it's bloody brilliant. What's to explain?

12. Ha ha yes i see. Brilliant bike brilliant forum. Seen as your an administrator is there any threads relating to the other than termi decat before & after reports.

13. Means putting stuffing in the end can to quieten a bike. :joy::joy::joy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. No idea. Do a search :)

15. In reply to that well i wear earplugs. Old man crap you understand. But the bloody sound is mental. My mate followed me on Sun for a while on his Triumph 1050. We stopped at a junction & he nearly jumped off his bike raving about the sound. How do you get it to bang on upshifts, it spits flames on downshifts. Replied ask Ducati they fitted it.

16. I have a 2016 base model DVT multi with 8,000 miles on it the throttle action is perfect and the only issue I've had is the exhaust noise reduction flap went stiff a day before its first annual service and the dealer replaced the exhaust without question. This is my third multivand is the best by a country mile. I bought a Honda VFR 1200 new on 2010 turned out to have loads of faults an absolute piece of crap, all three of my multi's have been far better and more reliable.

17. https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/hacksaw-to-the-butterfly.50478/ :upyeah::grinning:

18. I have replaced the exhaust with an ARROWS system on my 2017 Pikes Peak Multi, I have boxed my Termi and the Cat (saved in my loft), and plugged a resistor (From USA) into the unit that operates the servo exhaust noise flap built into the cat; this eliminates fault lights coming up on the dash. The bike is no smoother but seems to have more mid range and high rev power. The bike is still lurchy at slow traffic filter paces. I have had to sign in to this site under a second email as my previous site name 'Steve the Fly' won't let me sign in any more due to me adding secondary security authorising on my mobile! Never do that ! So if you read anything by Steve the Fly, it was me lol. I've been on the site a while now and have found it very useful. Back to the bikes though, I have noticed that when the bike starts up with the deCat system, it gets noisier and then quietens down again! It;s weird ! But as far as smoothness is concerned, mine is still rough at low speed, but it hasn't done 2000 miles yet so has not loosened up. Hopefully at the 300mile mark, it may be a bit smoother. I have had twins before and they have all been smoother than this one. So, fingers crossed the miles will cure it !

19. Change your font matey, can't read it in green!

• Agree Agree x 5
Do Not Sell My Personal Information