1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denzil Down

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Denzil the Ducati, Oct 3, 2019.

1. That's some cake - never seen a teatowel I've wanted to eat more :thinkingface: Denzil doesn't decorate his cakes beyond the realms of the very basic but focuses (minutely) on taste and texture. In fairness his stuff always looks like it will taste good, you just won't catch him making things out of fondant. As a family we are very big on thanking NHS staff (my grandad has a very colourful medical history and has been in hospital plenty in recent years, although pretty fit and well as it goes now) and I hope he remembers all the people he's promised cakes to through the haze of drugs:joy:.

• Like Like x 3
  2. All the best with the recovery which I’m sure will be a good one

3. Oooo can I add myself to that promise ;)

I can’t praise the care of the NHS enough myself :)

Come on Denzil rooting for you and don’t forget I want to see what bins you come across :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Bins... Might have to get him to explain that one :p

I've just got the leathers out so I know I have photos of everything. Won't post pics here at this moment as I think it should be dad's choice to do so but have to say I'm impressed. There are some scuff marks and the shoulder armour on the left side is a bit dented (correlates with the pain he's feeling there) but aside from them being cut into shreds they actually look kind of OK. Better than his old set in some ways :astonished:. (They are Daineses if that's of any interest - Fighter jacket and Pony trousers. New for this season) The helmet is also a bit :astonished:. Scraped to hell and definitely some structural damage but the lining feels just like any other bike helmet. The big scrape on the forehead area translated to some bruises in small lines on dad's face, nothing more. It's a Bell M5X (or some combination of those letters). Worth every penny (quite a few pennies)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Didn't mean to post again so quick but just got a picture of the 748 in the back of my friend's dad's van. Can't see the back where the damage will be but there isn't even a scratch on what I can see. Will have more photos of it later but feel quite emotional seeing it!

• Love You Love You x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Rotten luck - there's a case for flashing red lights like cyclists use - some people just don't look! Get well soon Denzil hope everything goes well in hospital!!

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Try to find purchase receipts if possible for the kit.

Keep all records of hosp carpark fees, taxi charges etc.

Good to see he is progressing well, it all takes time. Trick is not to get too frustrated or depressed. Staying positive is very helpful for recovery. Don't dwell too much on the accident, as that is in the past. Look forward to the future and do what it takes to get back to where you were, both mentally and physically.

It took me a year to get back on a bike again.

Maybe @Zhed46 can give some general advice about legal/financial matters.

Do you know if the car driver has been cautioned/charged?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dad's very meticulous about his credit card receipts so those will not be hard to find, especially as the leathers were bought early this year. It's only the leathers and helmet that are damaged - boots and gloves are fine. @Cobbett has given me a recommendation for a solicitor and is local to me - really heartened by how he described his experience with the guy he used.

Not sure about the driver but should be in contact with the police this week so will know more. I ****ing hope so.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Good luck and speedy recovery to Denzil

11. Hi Mummy :):upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Hello Mum

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. wish him well

14. I’m late to this, and just catching up.

I’m sorry to hear about your accident Denzil, best wishes for a return to full health and as painless a recovery as possible.

It sounds like you have good support around you. As others have said, don’t rush, and do as you are told.
    Get well soon fella

• Like Like x 1
  15. This evening's update from me and Mrs Denzil -

Dad eating better today and was pretty active (considering) with the physio. The physio suggested he went and tried the stairs (as in, the fake stairs in an office) but after doing everything else he was just too wiped. Struggling a bit with pain management today but saw a fantastic clinical assistant from his surgeon's team who was able to examine him for the pain in his arms and shoulder. He is pleased with some of the bruises that have come up. Says they are a "nice colour". They are brown.

I've had a "video tour" of the 748 from my friend's dad. Honestly, I can't believe how good it looks. The windshield is cracked (possibly by him as he was catapulted over the front? He said to mum "I think I went through the faring" but he definitely didn't), the exhaust cans are a bit bashed about, and the swing arm is bent (although friend's dad said "your dad will know what to do with that"). There could be much more damage lurking beneath but on the face of it, somehow, it's done pretty well. He hasn't seen it yet as he hasn't asked - I'll leave any pictures to him to post in his own time and honestly, I think he's too tired to think about the bike right now. It's great that it's not a real wreck, but he kind of is at the moment which seems unfair in some ways.

Tomorrow I will try and post some bins :upyeah:

• Like Like x 11
    • Thanks Thanks x 6
  16. Thanks for all the updates :upyeah:

Continued wishes for a speedy recovery :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. It's good the dark bruising has come out. I bet he'll be planning what to do for his winter project

18. It will be therapy for him to tinker with the bike. I was stripping my bike down whist still in the wheelchair.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. It started as
    Denzilina
    still who cares as long as Denzil’s daughter doesn’t snd Denzil is getting better

Do Not Sell My Personal Information